More Mick Woollett recollections, not all mine


Another recollection about Mick
It’s 10.30pm and very dark down here in Cooden (somewhere in retirement land near Bexhill, Sussex, UK) and I’ve just got the news about Mick. I guessed something was serious when Peta said in her Christmas card that Mick was not too well - what a terribly sad understatement.

Mick hired me at MCW and I can honestly say that I‘ve never stopped saying ‘thanks’ to him for the most fun and the greatest of times. His catchphrase ‘Oh yes’ said in his distinctive way will always be with me and those outdoor parties he held at Hollins Hall with the off-road bikes and swimming pool – and Mick always quiet and understated and never stopped or rebuked us for the terrible noise and mess we must’ve made. This is a bad and very sad day for everyone who knew Mick especially Petra and his family.

Bill Tull, Sub and later Production Editor


This tribute from well-known TV and radio journalist Nick Harris:


Lot of great memories on facebook, here: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swing Low Sweet Chariot - let's put all the cultural baggage aside and appreciate a great song